Wednesday, November 17, 2010


Tonight, tonight. A beautiful 'smashing pumpkins' song & my exhausted yet exited felling about a manic last 18 hrs.

For the last few months I've desired a podium. They make so much sense because we have our best thoughts while in motion (mine occur @ 80 m.p.h.) & @ 38" high, a podium eliminates the decision of how best to jot down what just popped into my head.

Walk to. Get it on paper. Carry on.

So tonight I through neighborly ediquete to the wind an built one. On my front porch. With a ridiculously loud angle grinder, my Millermatic 140 (a hobbyist MIG welding machine that has no business joining 1/2" steel plate with 3/8" rod) & 'pretty lights' blasting on the ipod, I got busy. It's kinda crooked and wobbles a little bit- so what.

The best thing, above the fact that my roommates & I have a new podium in our foyer, was I learned something. I didn't have my welder's mask so I had to just close my eyes during each weld & therefore, I felt each weld. My early ones were weak, spotty & laughable but my last ones were money.




No comments:

Post a Comment